Sunday, November 21

Dad's Christmas

Matt and I were talking and thought since Dad and Vi's house will not be available for Christmas we'd like to offer up Stacey's place. She (we feel) would be over the moon with the idea! Let's DO IT GUYS! Stacey's for Christmas!
But really, since their home will not be available I wondered if anyone would be interested in a bowling day? After all isn't the season about having fun with family? It doesn't matter if it's not bowling, could be anything. Shouldn't really matter that it's not on a specific date - it's the season not the date.
Anyway, it's just an idea to get conversation going, so... begin the conversing, what do you think? When would you want to do it? Yadda yadda ya

6 comments:

papa said...

We like bowling....

Hannah said...

are they even open on christmas or are we doing this on a different day? If someone wanted to offer up their house I would do the cooking of the meat if someone still wanted to have it in a home instead, of course you would have to let me use your oven :)

highpockets said...

I wasn't thinking necessarily Christmas Day (because we always go to Matt's Papa's in Freeport), just when everyone is around. How long will everyone be in Dubuque around Christmas? Michael and Jane said two weeks.
This could turn into a tradition, every year we find a new activity to do together, and when the kids get older we could get suggestions from them. I'd love to see some of you on roller skates.

papa said...

...what, it's not good enough that YOU'RE on crutches??? You want to see US on them, too??? You outta yer MIND????;-)

highpockets said...

i'm not on crutches anymore old man. and i wasn't at the skating rink, i was hauling ass.

Michael P said...

"when the kids get older we could get suggestions from them."

No way in hell I'm taking suggestions from kids. Bowling sounds fun. You know when we'll be back, but if it doesn't work during our visit, please, go do it anyway.