LeRoy and I are going to Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio in the morning to see the much heralded "Prelude to the Dream"! Eldora Speedway is arguably the best, fastest, and most famous half-mile dirt track in the world! Tony Stewart bought the track in 2005 and immediately instituted this event, which in run on the Wednesday night during the "Dream Week". The "Dream", a late-model feature that pays $100,000 to win--that's right, folks, a cool 100 g's--is run on the following Saturday and features the very best late-model drivers in the country. It's truly big-time racing. I'd like to be going to that one, too!!
But the Prelude features a couple dozen of the best NASCAR drivers, vying for bragging rights only, since all the money goes to charity. Google it if you're interested; LeRoy and I will be there in person!
P.S. It's also on Pay Per View tonight night--check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment